Add Seating For Holiday Guests At Your Portland Kitchen Island
A kitchen island is one of the best investments you can make in your kitchen. Not only does it serve decorative purposes, but it also offers numerous functions for Portland homeowners. First and foremost, it can enhance the interaction between the cook and the guests. For apartments and smaller homes, this furniture piece also offers a great advantage: it can be used as a dining table for homes with limited space. In order to make your kitchen island more functional, seating should be placed around it. Choosing kitchen island seating requires careful consideration; it depends on the space you have and your personal taste. Your Portland kitchen remodeling contractor can advise on the types of seating available for your kitchen island before installation. Below are some things to consider:
1. Know how much space you have. If you have a large kitchen island, then you can use full size chairs. For Portland homeowners who only have a smaller one, they may only use two seats. You should also decide the space that your guests can have. Sometimes, kitchen islands are merely used for decorative purposes rather than practical seating. So if you want to add seats, you should make sure that you have enough space in your kitchen for them.
2. Decide how you will use the island. Before getting the seats, it is important to know how you and your family plan to use the island. If you love entertaining guests who come to your Portland home, you may only need stools for a more casual setting. If you have children and they are going to use the island to do their homework, then you need a lower counter and seating area.
3. If you have a big island that can accommodate many people, consider using full benches. The benches can be with or without backing to allow for more comfortable seating.
4. A kitchen island can be a good option for those who live in a small home or apartment where there is no dining room available. If you also plan to use this furniture piece as a dining area, make sure that the seating is comfortable enough for eating.
5. You may only have a limited space and you think that seating will only make your kitchen look crowded. However, it does not mean that you can’t have seating. For a room with limited space, you can use smaller stools. To save space, you can also choose chairs that you can store in a closet when you do not need them.
Article Source: http://EzineArticles.com/?expert=John_Raffale